Somewhere in mid of nowhere. Wadi Al Shamsi, Oman

Coordinates:

Dibba is a border town of United Arab Emirates & Oman. When I reached the border crossing, we were asked for our passports which we were not carrying. I asked the friendly guards at the checkpost whether my employment card will do. And he allowed us inside Oman. I had no idea of Oman roads and no maps with me and I decided to take a road which could possibly take us to Musandam beaches. And I was wrong as after 8 kms of drive, the road came to an end. In front of was a dusty path going into the Omani hills. My wife said "No" and my kids said "Yes" "Yes". So pressed the button for 4x4 mode and off we were on the dusty long road.
Wadi Al Shamsi was the first stop for us, where only a narrow gorge will allow us to pass through. Wadi means river basin in Arabic and we were glad to explore this place. Dangerous, dusty and delighting.

Approximately 190kms from Dubai, UAE. Suggested Route: Dubai - Masafi - Dibba - Wadi Al Shamsi (Oman).